|Harvard's Widener Library.|
- Nearly 77 percent of the $6.5-billion goal announced in September 2013.
- It is on top of $2.8 billion of prior commitments.
- The $5 billion includes $2.2 billion in gifts and pledges.
- A $350-million gift to the Harvard School of Public Health.
- A gift of $60-$75 million (the total was not disclosed) from Steve Ballmer ’77 for a dozen computer-science professorships in the School of Engineering and Applied Sciences, announced in November.
- Gifts for the fall launches of campaigns by the Graduate School of Design, the Graduate School of Education, and the Medical School.